Wednesday, November 16, 2005

On a Lighter Note

Does anyone else think that in her latest song "Don't Bother," Shakira's back-up band sounds a lot like the Cure?

Actually, this is the first English song that I have liked since "Whenever, Wherever." ("Underneath Your Clothes" and "Objection (Tango)" were crap.) I sort of liked her recent Spanish song, but I didn't understand it nor hear it that often.

A rule of thumb: I like songs that flow well. The chorus has to flow from the, er... whatever the part of the song that is not the chorus, that usually changes with each new verse, is. Songs that seem to be two different songs melded together (this would include Britney Spears' "Sometimes I Run") tend to grate on my nerves. I also don't like it when songs break their rhyme scheme or skip obvious rhymes that fit in with the beat.

That is all.

No comments: