Tuesday, November 29, 2005

About Those Peace Activists...

I suppose I should say something about the peace activists kidnapped by the "Swords of Righteousness".

They were stupid idiots.

Anyone who goes to Iraq to reach out to the insurgents or to "work for peace" is an idiot.

That's why I call myself "anti-war" instead of "for peace." Because I am not against the Iraq War because of some pie-in-the-sky airy-fairy idealism, but because I think that in most cases wars are stupid and don't serve the interests of the U.S. as a whole. I don't a priori think that all wars are unnecessary, I just don't think we should go and seek out trouble.

But anyone stupid enough to go to Iraq, and to assume that the insurgents are noble "freedom fighters" is an idiot.

Of course, anyone who thinks that Ahmed Chalabi is a noble freedom fighter, or that the Iraqis who allied with the U.S. did so because of a commitment to democracy (rather than because they thought that the U.S. could serve their own agenda or the interests of their particular sect) is also an idiot.

That is all.

No comments: