Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You Only Get What You Give

I couldn't resist blogging on this New York Times article after hearing about it on Laura Ingraham's show yesterday. The most fascinating fact for me, for some reason, as quoted from Dr. Jennifer Manlove (insert name joke here):

"'One thing that surprised me is that we expected, based on anecdotal evidence, that girls might be more likely to give oral sex and boys more likely to receive it, but we didn't find that at all...There's more gender equality than we expected.'"

(I notice, though, that the article does not give any statistics to confirm that (in the article, none of the stats on oral sex break down who is the giver and who is the receiver, ao exactly how much gender equality there is was not made clear).

Personally, I find the concept of oral sex to be rather gross. I can't imagine wanting one's mouth - down there. However, in sexual matters I have always found it interesting whenever it turns out that women are acting more like men than we think, hence I find that this recent datum caught my attention.

That is all.

No comments: