Monday, March 06, 2006

Why I Don't Trust Joseph Farah

Why, you ask, in a previous post, did I point to this article as proof of Joe Farah's mendacity?

Simple. Because he is advocating the transfer of the Palestinians to Iraq and doesn't have the guts to say so.

I don't mind him advocating such, but when he gets upset when someone writes about it and someone else calls him on it, he is being a grade-A jackass, as the person who called him on it points out.

Here is what Farah writes in his defense:

Again, I've written a great deal about the subject of the Palestinian Authority, the corruptness of its government and the culture of death it breeds, but I have never advocated the forcible relocation of any people. Anyone who knows me and my writing knows that I stand first and foremost for freedom – freedom for all people, Muslim, Arab and Christian.
And that's why Linda Heard can't cite a single quotation from me to support any of the wild accusations she makes. I never said any of those things.


But if you look at the earlier piece I linked to, it is obvious htat relocation is what he has in mind:

And it should be a time for the Iraqi people to confront their sins and pay for them – to make restitution...
et, the victims of the forced Jewish dispersal 50 years ago should not be forgotten. With the liberation of Iraq comes the opportunity for restitution of that very recent wrong.
How should that debt be paid? Not with money, but with an apology to the Jews by the new government and a pledge to help resolve the Arab refugee crisis in the same way Israel resolved the Jewish refugee crisis.


What he is saying is that displaced Palestinian refugees should be sent to Iraq.

Of course, in reality the population transfer he really cares about is ethnically cleansing any Lebanese Muslims who do not want the government to dominated by Maronite Christians. The current government is not very ethnically representative, but he would rather the population be altered to fit the government rather than vice versa. I have commented on this here, here, here, here, and here.

That is all.

No comments: