Monday, October 25, 2004

Burt Blumert's Gold Page

(Note: The following is not intended as any sort of financial advice, rathr, I'm telling my story and pointing out a web page that might be useful to some people).

Over the past two years, I have been putting some of my money into gold and silvr coins, based on the assumption that sooner or later the Federal Reserve's turning on of the money spigots (i.e. inflation) is going to lead to massive devaluation of the dollar (i.e. what most people call inflation).

Of course, it was difficult at first to figure out the price from day-to-day by looking at the commodities section of the newspaper, particularly since so many newspapers have cut back on the financial section. It also is more convenient to have up-to-the-second information that is quick and easy to check.

I personally have found Burt Blumert's gold page to be a useful source of information on the current spot prices of gold and silver (if I invested in platinum, I suppose I would find it useful for that as well). If anyone who is a regular Glaivester reader is interested in the spot price of precious metals, and doesn't know of a good internet site to look at, this webpage has been pretty useful to me.

I also enjoy the articles he occasionally writes, perhaps because they have a gentle, self-deprecating, down-home-y sort of humor that is satirical without being mean.

No comments: