Friday, October 29, 2004

Kerry v. Bush

Being at a university, I have noticed a tendency of people to "unBush" things. That is, whenever someone puts up a pro-Bush sticker, someone else pastes lots of pro-Kerry stickers on over it.
I haven't noticed the reverse, although this might be because there aren't enough Bush supporters on campus to respond in kind.
It could also be that pro-Bush people are more polite.
In any case, as much as I dislike Bush and his policies (I will admit htat his manner oftens fills me with a visceral dislike) I can't stand the absolute hatred that many liberals seem to have. As a person said in the comments on VFR, Bush has done lots of things the liberals should like (increased AIDS funding, signed "campaign finance reform"). So why do they, of all people, hate him so much? It's one thing to want your guy to win, another to portray Bush as "Saturn Devouring his Children."

No comments: