Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Yet Another Poll of Iraqis

Some new polls in Iraq seem to suggest a lack of confidence in the coalition, a willingness to condone attacks on coalition troops, a resentment of the coalition presence, and significant level of pessimism about the direction in which the country is headed.

To be honest, though, I am not certain how much stock I put in these polls. They can be manipulated fairly easily, or soemone can of course lie aboutthe results; I'm sure that I would be skeptical if the results of the poll showed that Iraqis were ecstatic about the future of Iraq and loved the coalition, so I'm also willing to be skeptical of a poll that seems to support my suspicions about how Iraqis feel.

If anyone has a (recent) alternate poll giving results different from those mentioned in the Telegraph article, feel free to email me a link to the poll or articles about it (glaivester at yahoo dot com) or to post the link in the comments section (or if it is not on-line, at least give me some references to the source) and I'll try to look at it and see what I think.

That is all.

No comments: