Sunday, May 29, 2005

Pre-Ordained?

Was there an attempt to create a "Gulf of Tonkin" incident for Iraq?

I keep getting reminded of how we were told that Iraq aggressed against us by shooting at American planes patrolling the no-fly zone. I wonder if perhaps some of these planes had been used to conduct bombing raids (which have been going on since 1991, if I recall), and if we have always been trying to provoke Saddam into firing the first shot, so that we would have an excuse to go to war whenever the time was right.

I also wonder if Al Gore had won if he wouldn't have invaded Iraq as well.

Oh, well. Let's all remember that Saddam was evil, he flew the planes into the World Trade Center personally, and all of the Iraqis love their new democratic government, and all of the Iranian terrorists (there is not a single Iraqi insurgent) are really, really desperate, cross my heart and hope to die. All of the weapons of mass destruction must be in Syria, and if not there, Iran, and if not there, well we can look in Egypt, or Libya, or wherever we want to invade next.

I feel so much better now.

That is all.

No comments: