Monday, March 07, 2005

Correction: Matt Hale a Separatist, not a Supremacist

In a previous post I referred to Matt Hale as a "white supremacist."
According to his mother (as interviewed by Greta van Susteren) he is a white separatist, not a white supremacist (i.e. he believes that the races should be separate but does not believe that whites are superior to non-whites).
White supremacists, white nationalists, and white separatists (I am none of these things) are different things, and I'll try to post about that in more detail later.

In any case, whether or not Matt Hale is violent and whether or not he has anything to do with the murder of Judge Lefkow's husband and mother, I do not wish to misrepresent his views and I apologize to anyone who was offended by my referring to him as a white supremacist.

That is all.

No comments: