Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thoughts on Lefkow, Hale, Duke, and O'Reilly

I suppose I should have some thoughts on the murders of the husband and mother of Judge Joan Lefkow.

I don't know if I have anything really novel to say; the killings were a bad thing, and whoever was behind it should be, in my opinion, executed.

I do find it interesting that Matt Hale, the leader of a white supremacist group who had tried to have her killed earlier, was angry at her not because she was trying to enforce racial civil rights, but because she was trying to enforce intellectual property rights. Which shows that white supremacists are really no friend of capitalism - unless he belongs to the anarcho-capitalist school that denies intellectual property, but for some reason I doubt that he was fighting on that sort of private-property principle.

He probably isn't behind this current murder, as he is practically incommunicado with the outside world, but it seems to me most likely that some of his fellow travelers did this. Of course, it is possible that it had nothing to do with this. But hopefully the investigation will turn up the answers before too long.

On a side note, I saw David Duke recently on The O'Reilly Factor. O'Reilly should really learn to adjust his style, at least occasionally, because when arguing with a white supremacist, you REALLY don't want to look like you're the raving lunatic.

However, I had another observation. David Duke is beginning to look like some sort of monstrous frog of sorts. Certainly his eyes give the appearance that he is in a vacuum, like Arnold Schwarzenegger in "Total Recall" when he is exposed to a vacuum. Considering that he used to be a relatively attractive man, I wonder if this doesn't prove my mother's assertion that as you get older, you begin to look like who you are.

Something for Matt Hale to think about, for sure. At 33, he still has time to avoid going bug-eyed, or whatever other hideous deformity may someday strike him if he continues to let hate be his raison d'etre.

No comments: