Saturday, January 29, 2005

Some Thoughts on Jersey

An interesting thought by Lawrence Auster on some evidence that suggests that the murders of the Coptic Christians* in New Jersey was religiously motivated.
Here's some of his previous writing on the same issue.
My feeling is that it probably was a religiously motivated murder of Christians by Muslims, but I haven't had time to examine the circumstances enough to form a definite opinion.

That is all.

* I should point out here that I am referring to them as Christians because they are societally considered to be Christians. I don't know enough about Coptic belief systems (let alone this particular families beliefs) to be able to say for certain whether or not I would consider them Christians. (As an evangelical, my standards for what I consider authentically Christian are a little more strict than others' standards may be).

No comments: