Friday, February 03, 2006

Supporting the Troops and not the War

Some morons on the right and the left don't believe that it is possible to support the troops and not the war.

Well, it is.

Because, you see, there is a difference between believing that a policy is stupid and will likely fail, and between hoping it will fail.

Obviously, I hope that our troops will do as well as they can, and that they will help to create a better situation in the Middle East. It would be nice if they could create a functioning multiethnic democracy there.

However, I would rather they not try, because I think they will fail. However, if they do try, I hope they succeed. But I can't support a policy that I don't think will succeed, as much as I would like to see it succeed.

This is as opposed to someone who wants the other side to win and who wants to see as many coalition soldiers get hurt as possible.

Capische?

That is all.

No comments: