Monday, November 15, 2004

And now Iran?

Amidst all the concern over what to do about Iran, Gordon Prather suggests that they are not violating nuclear treaties, after all.
I myself have at times thought that a strike against Iranian reactors might be necessary. (However, I have resisted the idea that we should bring about regime change, because I don't want to invade Iran, and Michael Ledeen notwithstanding, any attempt to arrange a coup will lead to all-out war; any attempt at regime change will lead to invasion. whether Ledeen knows this and is being dishonest or whether he is just very, very wrong I don't know. If I am wrong on that, that is good.
Is it possible that the Iranians want nuclear power even though they've got a lot of oil? There probably are reasons, and what those reasons might be should be discussed more broadly by those who doubt Iran's nuclear-weapon ambitions.

That is all.

No comments: