Monday, February 20, 2017

How I Use AdBlock

I generally keep ad blocking (I use Opera, and use the included blocking in preferences, not a special app) turned off, because I am willing to endure advertisements in order to support sites and pages I visit.

However, I do turn on blocking at times, only temporarily and usually only for one or two pages.

I turn on blocking when the ads disrupt my use of the page - i.e. if they prevent the page from loading or make it impossible to move the page (or at least make it incredibly slow).

Usually, I try to watch a page without blocking ads before I watch it with ads blocked, so presumably the people are getting ad revenue from me.

In any case, my general philosophy regarding advertisements is: "as long as they don't stop the page from working." Even then, I try to watch them first.

That is all.

No comments: