Friday, July 04, 2008

Andrew Sullivan Does it Again

More and more, Sullivan is proving that he has no understanding of what Christianity actually means, describing the belief that Jesus is the only way to God as "sectarian bigotry."

He also gives us this beauty, in response to Obama saying "Jesus is the only way for me. I'm not in a position to judge other people":

I have a feeling that Obama's position is far closer to that of most believing Christians than Graham's. Which is why the right-wing Christianists are getting as afraid as the neocons.

I would suggest that he has never read John 14:6:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

except that Andrew has already stated that it is un-Christian to believe in the Bible, at least when you believe passages that do not square with Andrew's behavior or social philosophy.

Of course, determining Christianity by what people who call themselves Christians believe assumes essentially that man, not God, is supreme, and is s foolish idea anyway.

More by me on "Christianism" and here.

That is all.

No comments: