Friday, December 30, 2005

Some Alterations to Glaivester

I have decided to go back to my postings from 2004 and a few early 2005 postings and add my catchphrase to my old posts. This will likely be done slowly, so you still have some time to see me before I ended every post with "that is all" or some variation of it.

In case you are wondering on which post this started, it was this one (If you are too lazy to click, or if you don't use Netscape or some other tabbed browser and it is too annoying to go to a new page or open a new window, the post was about my predictions at the beginning of the November assault on Fallujah). I suppose that after making so many predictions, I just wanted to sound sort of regal and fact-oriented, and "that is all" gave the impression that a great man had spoken and imparted all of the wisdom that was worth imparting (I'll leave it up to my readers to determine whether they felt that this was what was conveyed, and if so, whether they think the impression was an accurate one). For some reason, I just grew fond of using the phrase, and then started using it on more and more posts, until I started making it my signature for every post sometime in January or February of 2005.

That is all.

No comments: