Friday, October 22, 2004

Hopes for the Election

I think that my preferred outcome for this election would be another tie; with weeks of wrangling afterwards. Preferably, the tie would have George W. Bush winning the popular vote and Kerry the electoral vote at first count (not that I want him to win; read on to find out why I ould want it this way). Moreover, everything would fall out so that the situation would be a reverse of last time; with Bush wanting more recounts; that way, we'd see whose positions in 2000 were based on party and whose were based on principle.
I won't say that I thought of this myself, someone else on LewRockwell or Antiwar.com made the statement earlier (I'm too lazy right now to find the link), but I think that it would be a fun thing to have happen.
Oh, and when the final count happens, do I want Kerry or Bush to win?
I honestly can't say that I care. Kerry and Bush both scare me, each for his own reasons.

No comments: