Friday, October 08, 2004

Constitution Party and Christian Reconstructionism, Part II

In an earlier posting,
I questioned the relationship between Christian Reconstructionism and the Constitution Party. I asked around, and here is a response I got:

"One of the founders of the CP was RJ Rushdoony, who was also one of the most prominent founders of the Christian Reconstruction movement. However, what you have to keep in mind, if you disagree with CR theology, is that those who agree with it only constitute a small segment of the CP. And, speaking as a Christian Reconstructionist myself, I can tell you that there are a great many members of that movement who currently choose to remain in the Republican Party. In other words, while yes, you will find a small CR influence in the Constitution Party, you will also find it in the GOP."

No comments: