Monday, May 08, 2006

More on Hack Kelly

Looking at my previous post, another thing just occurred to me. It is claimed by Michael Smith in London's Sunday Times - quoted by Jack "the Hack" Kelly in his latest article - that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi "is attempting to set up his own mini-army and move away from individual suicide attacks to a more organized resistance movement."

If this is ture, might that sort of change in tactics indicate not that Zarqawi is taking wild risks driven by desperation, nor that he is an idiot, but that he has actually amassed a large enough force that an organized resistnace has become a plausible option? I don't think that such a report on an enemy's plans would fill me with confidence. But then again, I am not committed to spinning any news from Iraq as evidence of success for our side.

That is all.

No comments: