Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Idea for a Movie

I have always been somewhat creative, which is another way of saying that I spend an inordinate amount of time dreaming up music videos, movies, TV shows, etc., that do not exist.

Recently I have had at least two interesting ideas for a movie or TV episode based on the effects of time travel and resolving the causality paradozes it presents.

However, first, in this post I intend to regale my readers with a more mundane idea that has been rattling around in my brain for a while.

I have been thinking about a socially-conscious comedy, called White Pride or something like that.

The plot line is that a white man with a black ex-wife (they get along reasonably well in divorce, no tensions there) has a ten-to-twelve-year old son by her. He has visitation rights for one weekend every two weeks or somesuch.

Well, one day he discovers that his son has been exploring his black heritage and increasingly begins to feel alienated, as if his contribution to his son is being ignored.

So he goes on a quest to educate his son about his glorious white heritage. This leads to some mishaps, including inadvertedly taking his son to what turns out to be a KKK (or somesuch) meeting (yes, this guy isn't always quick on the uptake) and then to taking him to a retreat where all the men dress up like Vikings. He also goes to Oktoberfest.

The wife is somewhat understanding, but her patience is tried as the guy performs increasingly bizarre attempts to give him son some idea of his paternal heritage.

I'm not certain how it would end, but trying to teach a mixed-race kid the glory of his white as well as his non-white (in this case, black) heritage strikes me as an interesting concept for a movie.

That is all.

No comments: