Thursday, October 13, 2005

Another Casus Belli?

The U.S. appears to be talking tough with Syria. Not good, I think, as it risks expanding the war into Syria, which we don't have the troops to do (unless we decide to just resort to mass slaughter of some sort).

On the other hand, I do feel obligated to point out that Lebanon has not been much in the news lately, suggesting that the civil unrest I feared would occur after the Syrian pull-out has not come to pass - at least not yet. (I am fairly certian that I blogged on these concerns at the time of the pull-out, but I can't find the post(s) just now). So it is possible that, despite my misgivings, Lebanon may be able to chug away nicely on its own without outside interference, which is, of course, a good thing.

That is all.

No comments: