Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yet Another Glaivester Prediction

A few days ago I repeated a prediction that I had made several times before. Namely, I suggested that to relieve the strain on the soldiers, the U.S. Military would begin resorting to brutality in order to get more "bang for their buck" as soon as troop levels began to become unsustainable. Michael Schwartz is suggesting that this is exactly what is coming to pass, with bombing raids being used to punish recalcitrant towns, and with this likely to happen more frequently and harder as the year wears on.

Also coming to pass is another prediction, that the U.S. is beginning to participate in a civil war; that is, it is beginning to allow Kurds and Shiites to use fighting the insurgency as an excuse to execute bloody vengeance on the Sunni Arabs.

I hate to say "I told you so," but - no, wait, I love the act of saying "I told you so." It's being right about people killing each other that is not so nice.

That is all.

No comments: