Sunday, February 06, 2005

Ads - Good, Bad, and Ugly

I have found that some advertisements are mindlesly stupid, while I genuinely love others. And some can be painful to watch.

A list:

Good:
The Bacardi and Cola commercials are all funny, but I like the "breathless in Mardi Gras" best (the women isn't getting any beads, so they tell her to take a deep breath (which enhances her chest, thus causing her to receive a whole bunch of beads)).
The commercial with the praire dogs looking out of their holes, and the guy thinks of co-workers sticking their heads out of their cubicles.

Bad:
I dislike the ad where the husband and wife keep trying to one-up each other to get to the Mercury first in the morning. It's too mean.

Ugly:
The commercials for Leann Rimes' hosting "Nashville Star" are not flattering. Bright white light makes her look too ruddy-faced. Also, the blouse she is wearing when interacting with the wannabes is hideous.

That is not all. I will update later.

No comments: