Monday, August 29, 2005

Iraqi Constitution

Bob Murphy has some thoughts on the Iraqi constitution.

My personal prediction is that the constitution will keep getting delayed for another week or so, and then it will get approved, under suspicious circumstances. It is not necessarily unlikely that any plebiscite will also have results that are a little suspicious. Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as election-rigging.

Of course, my predictions may be wrong; I did predict that coalition fatalities would be over a hundred a month during the summer and that US fatalities would surpass 2000 by the beginning of September this year (I'll find the links later). (US fatalities are currently at 1877). So don't rely on my powers of prognostication, folks.

Nonetheless, I will go out on a limb in predicting the fate of the Iraqi constitution.

That is all.

No comments: