Saturday, March 05, 2005

About Giuliana Sgrena

Pier Scolari, her boyfriend (not to be confused with Peter Scolari of Bosom Buddies and Newhart fame), claims that she was deliberately attacked because she had information that the US military didn't want to get out.

My immediate thought is that I'd like to hear what the information is that is supposedly the reason she was shot at. It seems to me that unless she has something REALLY big, it will be a hard story to sell. If she had been killed, then whatever she knew could possibly be lost, and so there would be no way to prove things one way or the other.

However, as she has survived, I expect her to make public whatever it is she knows or for her boyfriend to retract the statement. The fact that I opposed this war does not mean that I will accept every theory by every antiwar person based entirely on their say-so; I want proof.

So I call on Pier Scolari and Giuliana Sgrena to put up, or apologize.

That is all.

No comments: