Friday, September 02, 2005

Jack Kelly Gets Something Right?

I have to agree with Mr. Kelly that a break-up of Iraq would hardly be the end of the world.

On the other hand, I don't agree that "The mullahs in Tehran are waging war to break Iraq apart," which Kelly apparently believes because Jack Wheeler told him so. (I dislike Jack Wheeler - to see why, read this piece).

As Wheeler points out, this would be suicidally stupid, and I do not believe that Iran is suicidally stupid. (The neocons, on the other hand, seem to be willing to blame anything that goes wrong in Iraq on Iran and/or Syria, and to use the explanation "oh they are just crazy" whenever it is pointed out that theri charges don't maek sense).

As I understand it, Iran is trying to make certain that the Shiite Arabs of Iraq are the ones leading it. They don't want Iraq to splinter, they want their fellow Shiites to control the whole shebang.

That is all.

No comments: