Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Judds vs. Cole

Here and here are two interpretations of the Plame affair.

Two things jump out at me when thinking about this:

First, I recall that the first time I heard about the forged documents was when I heard that they were forged; I hadn't realized that they existed efore then. I also think I heard about them before the famous "sixteen words" in his address to Congress, although I am not certain. As I recall, at the time there was the idea that this was a forgery, but we supposedly had other, real evidence.

There are claims that the report on Wilson's trip said the exact opposite of what he was claiming (that there was no evidence that Iraq was trying to acquire uranium). Anyone care to comment on that?

When questioned about the "sixteen words," we were told that there was other evidence that the British were not permitted to reveal to us. As I recall, that evidence was never produced.

Finally, I have to say that the fact that there were forgeries produced is significant even if the forgery was not a significant facor in pushing us into war; first, because we need to find out who made the forgery and prosecute them, and secondly, so we can find out if they fabricated other evidence used to push the war.

That is all.

No comments: