Sunday, February 26, 2006

Figures of Speech Question

Does anyone know if there is a name for the figure of speech where the attributes of one sex are given to someone of the opposite sex? (If you're not certain what I mean by a name for a figure of speech, click here).

For example, referring to a man's "cherry" or a woman's "cajones."

If there is no such term, what do you guys think would be a good term to use?

That is all.

No comments: